Welcome to the 2015 Ride Info page!
We are using a New Start/Finish at the Frisco Adventure Park with close-in parking and a nice grass area for post-ride relaxation.
All rides will start on one of the premier stretches of the Rec Path system by going up to Vail Pass and back! We are adding a Poker Ride and a Raffle which will make you eligible for great prizes. Also new this year is a more condensed start window. Why are we doing this? We want to encourage more group riding...at least to start the day! We can all go out and ride solo or with a buddy any day of the week. But how often do you get the chance to ride with MANY like-minded people? It's really cool and it's a main reason to be in an event...to ride with others and share the experience! Worried about crowding on that Rec Path section? Don't be...we are still staggering the start times which are posted below!
AND, for those choosing the 63 and Century, we will chip time your climb from Keystone to A-Basin.
Just two days later the US Pro Cycling Challenge will be climbing
the EXACT same route!
Read on for more details and thanks for visiting!
Saturday August 15 at Frisco Adventure Park 3:00-7:00pm
Sunday August 16 at Frisco Adventure Park beginning at 6:00am
Directions and Parking
From I-70 take Exit 203 Highway 9
Go south on Hwy 9/Summit Blvd toward Breckenridge
Continue south past Main St. Frisco
Go straight through light at Peak One Blvd
Ignore first entrance to Frisco Adventure Park, no entry allowed here for southbound traffic, and continue south on Hwy 9.
At next traffic light turn left onto Recreation Way
Bear left toward Frisco Day Lodge and parking
*Overflow parking, if necessary, will be at the Summit Medical Office Building. Colorado State Patrol will be at this location directing traffic!
Directions to the Start/Finish from the Medical Office Building, if necessary:
- From Medical Office Building parking lot, turn right onto Peak
One Drive heading east toward Hwy 9
- Go straight at traffic light, crossing Hwy 9, onto Recreation Way
- Bear left and downhill, staying on Recreation Way, toward Day Lodge and Check-in
Start Times(at 15 minute intervals from 7:00-8:30)
- Pick your start time...get your group of friends together and
- All Riders must be on course by 8:30
- Aid Stations and Water Stops are scheduled...Please plan
- We recommend that Century Riders begin by 7:30
- 30 Mile Riders will recieve a mid-morning snack since your ride
will be completed before lunch service begins at 12:00
What should I bring for the ride?
- A bike, of course.
- A helmet (required).
- If you've picked up your rider packet early, don't forget to bring your wrist band.
- A print-out of the route details (map and cue sheet), if desired.
- A water bottle.
- Sun screen.
- Rain gear and/or warm shell.
- Spare tubes, repair kit and necessary tools – be as self-sufficient as possible.
Aid Stations and Water Stops (See times for each location)
- Copper Mt Resort, Burning Stones Plaza (All Rides two
directions): 7:30 to 10:30 FULL AID STATION
- Top of Vail Pass (All Rides): 7:45 to 10:15 WATER STOP, RAFFLE
TICKET, POKER CARD
- Summit Cove (45, 63 twice and Century twice): 8:45-2:00 FULL AID
- A-Basin (63 Mile and Century): 9:30-1:00 WATER STOP ONLY
- Bottom of Ute Pass (Century Only): FULL AID STATION 10:30-3:30
Lunch is served at the finish from 12 to 5 pm.
Click any route for a map created in Ride with GPS and corresponding
- 30 Mile-Frisco to Vail Pass and back.
- 45 Mile-Frisco to Vail Pass and back, over Swan Mt to Summit Cove, continue around Lake Dillon to Frisco and Finish
- 63 Mile-Frisco to Vail Pass and Back, over Swan Mt to Summit Cove, up to A Basin and Back, around Lake Dillon to Frisco and Finish
- Century-Frisco To Vail Pass and back, over Swan Mt to Summit Cove, up to A-Basin and Back, around Lake Dillon to Ute Pass and Back, to Frisco and Finish
In the case of bad weather, lightning or hazardous conditions, please take cover at any nearby structure for safety until it is safe to proceed. Examples include, but are not limited to, the community center in Frisco (start/finish area), the village area at Copper Mountain, the High School entryway at Farmer’s Korner, the Keystone village area, the Arapahoe Basin rest room area, the covered picnic areas near the Dillon Ampitheater, and the Outlet Mall area in Silverthorne.
- Bike helmets are required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Ride single file, except when passing.
- Alert other riders when passing.
- Follow Colorado traffic laws.
- Share the path with other users. If you must stop, move well out of the traffic flow of other cyclists.
- Stay alert. Always be aware of traffic, road/trail conditions, and other riders.
- Do NOT stop near the Dillon Dam facilities, e.g. the Glory Hole.
- When provided, follow directions of course marshals (in orange vests).