Circle the Summit / Annual Bob Guthrie Memorial Ride
Summit County, Colorado
We hope you had a great time
The 2014 ride is completed. We'll have data on the ride posted in a few days.
We have lots of pictures. Take a look at our photo collections:
- Some of the Summit County scenery
- The great ride (1 of 2)
- The great ride (2 of 2)
- The many friends
- The families
- The smiles
- The party
- The volunteers
Click on the logo below to check out your picture from Sundance Images.
Thank You Riders!
We had 555 riders, and a great day for riding.
Thank You Volunteers!
Some of our 133 volunteers have been working on the ride all year. Most put in hours on the route, serving food and directing riders. We receive a lot of compliments regarding our volunteers and we are proud of them. No ride can happen without a corps of happy, helpful people willing to work for lunch.
Thank You Sponsors!
Our ride wouldn't have been possible without the significant help of our sponsors. Please thank our sponsors when you visit them.
Where the Money Goes
The CTS ride proceeds have accomplished much:
- Leveraged foundation and government matching grants for completion of a safe bike path around the Dillon Reservoir. The Swan Mountain Road to the Sapphire Point section was dedicated on July 15, 2011.
- Financed the installation of solar lights in the Vail Pass tunnel (installed 2011).
- Financed the striping on the Recpath through Silverthorne (completed 2013).
- Provided $30,000 to Summit county to assist with recreational path improvements including mile markers, kiosks and wayfinding/directional signage (2014).
- Provided $9,000 to the Town of Frisco to assist in to improving safety and enhance wayfinding along their paved pathway system (2014).
- Future projects include helping with the Fremont and Hoosier Pass extensions of the Recpath system, and facilitating the addition of more shelters along the Recpaths