Circle the Summit / 8th Annual Bob Guthrie Memorial Ride
Summit County, Colorado
August 16, 2015
Greetings!The Circle the Summit/8th Annual Bob Guthrie Memorial Road Ride is on Sunday August 16, 2015!
Did you know that ALL proceeds support cycling in Summit County, especially the awesome Rec Path system? More than $125,000 has been DONATED from this event (see details below). And there's plenty more to do! Many locals and visitors cite the Rec Path as a reason to live and visit here! Come experience it firsthand and help support continued Rec Path improvements!
Here is a list of new wrinkles for 2015:
- New Start/Finish at the Frisco Day Lodge with close-in parking and immediate access to the Rec Path
- Timed Section from Summit Cove to A-Basin (63 Mile and Century only). The Pro Cycling Challenge races on this section just two days later (August 18). Experience what the Pros ride and get a time split!
- Poker Ride
- Raffle Giveaways-all courses will ride to top of Vail Pass and receive raffle ticket there!
Take a look at our photo collections:
- Summit County scenery
- The great ride (1 of 2)
- The great ride (2 of 2)
- The many friends
- The families
- The smiles
- The party
- The volunteers
Click on the logo below to check out your picture from Sundance Images.
Where the Money Goes
The CTS ride proceeds have accomplished much:
- Leveraged foundation and government matching grants for completion of a safe bike path around the Dillon Reservoir. The Swan Mountain Road to the Sapphire Point section was dedicated on July 15, 2011.
- Financed the installation of solar lights in the Vail Pass tunnel (installed 2011).
- Financed the striping on the Recpath through Silverthorne (completed 2013).
- Provided $30,000 to Summit county to assist with recreational path improvements including mile markers, kiosks and wayfinding/directional signage (2014).
- Provided $9,000 to the Town of Frisco to assist in to improving safety and enhance wayfinding along their paved pathway system (2014).
- Future projects include helping with the Fremont and Hoosier Pass extensions of the Recpath system, the addition of more shelters along the Recpath, and the Highway 9 realignment through Iron Springs (slated to start in 2016).